Girl power in full effect for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies were in fine form at the weekend with emphatic wins across the board.
The first team beat Northampton Saints 6-1 after double strikes from Sammie Archer and Bethan Davies plus one each for Katie Hockley and Adele Sammons while the 2nds travelled to Norwich City and won 4-0 with a brace from Annie Barratt and further goals from Briony Anyon and Fiona Mulder.
The 3rds beat Stevenage 2-1 with goals from Vicky Fallan and Rebecca Burton) and Freya Burley, Gemma Little and Jodie Carter were all on the scoresheet as the 4ths beat Luton 3-1.
The 5ths rounded off the league successes by beating Bishop’s Stortford 4-0 with goals from Molly Wingate, Normandie Hincks, Heather Magee and Emily Foster.
The Ladies Vets are also through to the third round of the Over 35s cup after beating West Herts 5-0. Jen Birch (two), Marie Jones, Jo Weston and Liz Cleverly got the goals and they will now take on Ipswich on November 27 at Oaklands.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints’ men were also celebrating after the 1sts came back from 1-0 down to win 3-1 against Letchworth.
An outstanding performance from John Mould secured the win for the home side.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
The 2nds drew 2-2 with Richmond, the 3rds beat Old Loughts 5-1 and the 4ths won 1-0 against Bishop’s Stortford. The 8ths beat Royston 2-1 while the Centurions also won 2-1 against Surbiton.