Girl power in full effect for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies were in fine form at the weekend with emphatic wins across the board.
The first team beat Northampton Saints 6-1 after double strikes from Sammie Archer and Bethan Davies plus one each for Katie Hockley and Adele Sammons while the 2nds travelled to Norwich City and won 4-0 with a brace from Annie Barratt and further goals from Briony Anyon and Fiona Mulder.
The 3rds beat Stevenage 2-1 with goals from Vicky Fallan and Rebecca Burton) and Freya Burley, Gemma Little and Jodie Carter were all on the scoresheet as the 4ths beat Luton 3-1.
The 5ths rounded off the league successes by beating Bishop’s Stortford 4-0 with goals from Molly Wingate, Normandie Hincks, Heather Magee and Emily Foster.
The Ladies Vets are also through to the third round of the Over 35s cup after beating West Herts 5-0. Jen Birch (two), Marie Jones, Jo Weston and Liz Cleverly got the goals and they will now take on Ipswich on November 27 at Oaklands.
The Saints’ men were also celebrating after the 1sts came back from 1-0 down to win 3-1 against Letchworth.
An outstanding performance from John Mould secured the win for the home side.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
The 2nds drew 2-2 with Richmond, the 3rds beat Old Loughts 5-1 and the 4ths won 1-0 against Bishop’s Stortford. The 8ths beat Royston 2-1 while the Centurions also won 2-1 against Surbiton.