Gilroy joins Woking, Dover add Tabiri and Wynter and Nicholls rejoins Maidenhead
The latest news from Blue Square South
WOKING have snapped up striker Dave Gilroy from Blue Square South champions Newport County.
Gilroy bagged 14 goals in the division last season and is the second new striker to arrive at Kingfield following Andy Forbes’ move last week.
Jerome Maledon has also signed a new deal with the Cards.
New Dover Athletic boss Ian Hendon has returned to former club Barnet to sign Joe Tabiri.
The 20-year-old enjoyed a successful loan spell with Dover last season and has penned a one-year deal with the club.
Another of last season’s loanees, Tom Wynter, has also agreed to join the Whites, signing a two-year deal.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Former captain Ashley Nicholls has rejoined Maidenhead United, 12 months after leaving York Road.
Nicholls had a nomadic existence last season with spells at Bishop’s Stortford, Newport County and Eastleigh and was Maidenhead’s Player of the Season in 2009.
The major squad overhaul at Lewes has continued with boss Steve Ibbitson adding Marc Pullen and Sonny Cobbs to the ranks.
Pullen joins following his release by Blue Square Premier side Eastbourne Borough while left-back Cobbs has made the switch from Sutton United.