Giant Geoff unceremoniously dumps Saints for Canvey Island
- Credit: Archant
Striker heads to the coast on a wave of controversy
Geoff Mitchell has left St Albans City thin at the striker position after a shock exit.
Mitchell, who only signed for the Saints at the start of September, has joined Ryman Premier Division side Canvey Island to replace John Sands, Chelmsford City’s newest acquisition.
The move, which was announced by Canvey on Twitter, left City’s management stunned and when asked about it, joint manager James Gray simply said: “He’s gone and I’d rather not talk about it.”
The Herts Ad understands that the 6’5 forward told his new club he’d been released, which he had not, and therefore no approach was made to St Albans about the move.
However it happened, City will now move forward with John Frendo and loanee Joel Nouble as their strike force.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival