Giant Geoff unceremoniously dumps Saints for Canvey Island
- Credit: Archant
Striker heads to the coast on a wave of controversy
Geoff Mitchell has left St Albans City thin at the striker position after a shock exit.
Mitchell, who only signed for the Saints at the start of September, has joined Ryman Premier Division side Canvey Island to replace John Sands, Chelmsford City’s newest acquisition.
The move, which was announced by Canvey on Twitter, left City’s management stunned and when asked about it, joint manager James Gray simply said: “He’s gone and I’d rather not talk about it.”
The Herts Ad understands that the 6’5 forward told his new club he’d been released, which he had not, and therefore no approach was made to St Albans about the move.
You may also want to watch:
However it happened, City will now move forward with John Frendo and loanee Joel Nouble as their strike force.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style