Giant Geoff unceremoniously dumps Saints for Canvey Island
- Credit: Archant
Striker heads to the coast on a wave of controversy
Geoff Mitchell has left St Albans City thin at the striker position after a shock exit.
Mitchell, who only signed for the Saints at the start of September, has joined Ryman Premier Division side Canvey Island to replace John Sands, Chelmsford City’s newest acquisition.
The move, which was announced by Canvey on Twitter, left City’s management stunned and when asked about it, joint manager James Gray simply said: “He’s gone and I’d rather not talk about it.”
The Herts Ad understands that the 6’5 forward told his new club he’d been released, which he had not, and therefore no approach was made to St Albans about the move.
You may also want to watch:
However it happened, City will now move forward with John Frendo and loanee Joel Nouble as their strike force.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public