German signs for St Albans City
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
St Albans City have swooped for a former QPR striker as they look to make their final push towards promotion from Vanarama National League South.
Antonio German arrives at Clarence Park having been most recently at rivals Hemel Hempstead Town.
However, before that he has an impressive list of employers.
He started life at Loftus Road where he made 22 league appearances and enjoyed loan spells at Aldershot Town, alongside current City favourite Ben Herd, Southend and Yeovil Town.
A permanent move to Stockport County followed before he returned south to feature for Brentford, Gillingham and a second spell with Aldershot.
You may also want to watch:
He also played in the Indian Premier League with Kerala Blasters.
That experience may prove vital and at 26 he is still approaching the prime of his career.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
He will add competition up front for the likes of Sam Merson and Charlie Walker.
A spokesman for the club said: “We welcome Antonio and hope he enjoys his time in the yellow & blue of St Albans City.”