German signs for St Albans City
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
St Albans City have swooped for a former QPR striker as they look to make their final push towards promotion from Vanarama National League South.
Antonio German arrives at Clarence Park having been most recently at rivals Hemel Hempstead Town.
However, before that he has an impressive list of employers.
He started life at Loftus Road where he made 22 league appearances and enjoyed loan spells at Aldershot Town, alongside current City favourite Ben Herd, Southend and Yeovil Town.
A permanent move to Stockport County followed before he returned south to feature for Brentford, Gillingham and a second spell with Aldershot.
You may also want to watch:
He also played in the Indian Premier League with Kerala Blasters.
That experience may prove vital and at 26 he is still approaching the prime of his career.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 Yellow warning for rain in Herts as Storm Christoph approaches
He will add competition up front for the likes of Sam Merson and Charlie Walker.
A spokesman for the club said: “We welcome Antonio and hope he enjoys his time in the yellow & blue of St Albans City.”