Geraldes earns Blueboys a point against champions
- Credit: Archant
A second-half equaliser from Stef Geraldes snatched a point for London Colney against SSML Premier Division champions Kings Langley on Tuesday.
The Blueboys shocked the visitors with a goal after just 135 seconds. Danny Fitzgerald and Jack Woods released Spencer Clarke-Mardel who delivered a superb cross for James Ewington to score his 18th league goal of the season.
The champions equalised from the penalty spot through Danny Hutchins, their first shot of the half, to ensure the teams went into the break all square.
Langley took the lead in the 64th minute when Charlie May collected a clearance on the edge of the box and sent a stunning strike past his brother, Danny, in the London Colney goal.
The Blueboys’ 22-game unbeaten streak looked like it was going to be ended by Kings Langley until 10 minutes from the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Doolan hit a long ball forward for Geraldes. The striker controlled the ball and rounded former Blueboy Anthony Ladyman before rolling the ball into the net to seal a point.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works