Geraldes earns Blueboys a point against champions
- Credit: Archant
A second-half equaliser from Stef Geraldes snatched a point for London Colney against SSML Premier Division champions Kings Langley on Tuesday.
The Blueboys shocked the visitors with a goal after just 135 seconds. Danny Fitzgerald and Jack Woods released Spencer Clarke-Mardel who delivered a superb cross for James Ewington to score his 18th league goal of the season.
The champions equalised from the penalty spot through Danny Hutchins, their first shot of the half, to ensure the teams went into the break all square.
Langley took the lead in the 64th minute when Charlie May collected a clearance on the edge of the box and sent a stunning strike past his brother, Danny, in the London Colney goal.
The Blueboys’ 22-game unbeaten streak looked like it was going to be ended by Kings Langley until 10 minutes from the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Doolan hit a long ball forward for Geraldes. The striker controlled the ball and rounded former Blueboy Anthony Ladyman before rolling the ball into the net to seal a point.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans