Stevenage starlet Andronicos Georgiou misses Worthing win after car accident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A car accident was the reason for Andronicos Georgiou missing St Albans City’s FA Cup replay win at Worthing – although manager Ian Allinson revealed that thankfully there were no serious injuries.
The young on-loan Stevenage forward had impressed with a scoring debut for Saints in the 2-2 draw on Saturday and supporters were looking forward to seeing what else he could do at Woodside Road.
However, he was one of five changes to the side, with the 19-year-old not even travelling, and the City boss said after the game that was as a precaution.
Allinson said: "He would have started as I thought he looked excellent on Saturday but he had a car accident on Monday night.
"Fortunately he is not seriously injured but he just felt a bit shaken up and a bit stiff around the neck and shoulder area.
"He told Stevenage and they let us know straight away that the best thing to do was leave him out.
"Hopefully he should be fully fit by Saturday."
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
Saints visit Maidstone United as they return briefly to National League South action.