Stevenage starlet Andronicos Georgiou misses Worthing win after car accident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A car accident was the reason for Andronicos Georgiou missing St Albans City’s FA Cup replay win at Worthing – although manager Ian Allinson revealed that thankfully there were no serious injuries.
The young on-loan Stevenage forward had impressed with a scoring debut for Saints in the 2-2 draw on Saturday and supporters were looking forward to seeing what else he could do at Woodside Road.
However, he was one of five changes to the side, with the 19-year-old not even travelling, and the City boss said after the game that was as a precaution.
Allinson said: "He would have started as I thought he looked excellent on Saturday but he had a car accident on Monday night.
"Fortunately he is not seriously injured but he just felt a bit shaken up and a bit stiff around the neck and shoulder area.
You may also want to watch:
"He told Stevenage and they let us know straight away that the best thing to do was leave him out.
"Hopefully he should be fully fit by Saturday."
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Saints visit Maidstone United as they return briefly to National League South action.