George fires in five as Harvesters prove up to the Challenge
Harvesters - GEORGE Fierstone scored five goals as the Under 15s North beat Sun Postal 7-3 in the Challenge Cup. Dan Loveday and Charlie Hunter also netted. Previously the North won the League Cup, beating Hemel Aces 4-0.
GEORGE Fierstone scored five goals as the Under 15s North beat Sun Postal 7-3 in the Challenge Cup. Dan Loveday and Charlie Hunter also netted. Previously the North won the League Cup, beating Hemel Aces 4-0. George Fierstone and George Gordon each scored twice.
The battling Under 14s North went down 6-2 to a good Potters Bar side. Howard Smith and Man of the Match Tom Reading scored. The North also took on Finchley Revolution and went down to a 5-1 defeat. Charlie Lumsdon scored the consolation goal from a Nick Clift corner. Determined midfield player Tom Reading was named Man of the Match.
In the County Cup final, the Under 12s Girls were beaten 1-0 by Harpenden Blues.
Jack Nevin scored twice as the Under 12s North, with only 10-men, beat Evergreen 3-2 away. Man of the Match Nick Yates also scored. The North then beat Enfield Rangers at home 3-2. Jack Nevin scored twice to continue his goal spree and Man of the Match James Grayson also netted.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
Matthew Potter scored for the Under 9s North but after drawing 1-1 with Croxley they went down 2-1 on sudden death penalties in the Challenge Cup Final.