George fires in five as Harvesters prove up to the Challenge
Harvesters - GEORGE Fierstone scored five goals as the Under 15s North beat Sun Postal 7-3 in the Challenge Cup. Dan Loveday and Charlie Hunter also netted. Previously the North won the League Cup, beating Hemel Aces 4-0.
GEORGE Fierstone scored five goals as the Under 15s North beat Sun Postal 7-3 in the Challenge Cup. Dan Loveday and Charlie Hunter also netted. Previously the North won the League Cup, beating Hemel Aces 4-0. George Fierstone and George Gordon each scored twice.
The battling Under 14s North went down 6-2 to a good Potters Bar side. Howard Smith and Man of the Match Tom Reading scored. The North also took on Finchley Revolution and went down to a 5-1 defeat. Charlie Lumsdon scored the consolation goal from a Nick Clift corner. Determined midfield player Tom Reading was named Man of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
In the County Cup final, the Under 12s Girls were beaten 1-0 by Harpenden Blues.
Jack Nevin scored twice as the Under 12s North, with only 10-men, beat Evergreen 3-2 away. Man of the Match Nick Yates also scored. The North then beat Enfield Rangers at home 3-2. Jack Nevin scored twice to continue his goal spree and Man of the Match James Grayson also netted.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Matthew Potter scored for the Under 9s North but after drawing 1-1 with Croxley they went down 2-1 on sudden death penalties in the Challenge Cup Final.