George fires in five as Harvesters prove up to the Challenge
Harvesters - GEORGE Fierstone scored five goals as the Under 15s North beat Sun Postal 7-3 in the Challenge Cup. Dan Loveday and Charlie Hunter also netted. Previously the North won the League Cup, beating Hemel Aces 4-0.
GEORGE Fierstone scored five goals as the Under 15s North beat Sun Postal 7-3 in the Challenge Cup. Dan Loveday and Charlie Hunter also netted. Previously the North won the League Cup, beating Hemel Aces 4-0. George Fierstone and George Gordon each scored twice.
The battling Under 14s North went down 6-2 to a good Potters Bar side. Howard Smith and Man of the Match Tom Reading scored. The North also took on Finchley Revolution and went down to a 5-1 defeat. Charlie Lumsdon scored the consolation goal from a Nick Clift corner. Determined midfield player Tom Reading was named Man of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
In the County Cup final, the Under 12s Girls were beaten 1-0 by Harpenden Blues.
Jack Nevin scored twice as the Under 12s North, with only 10-men, beat Evergreen 3-2 away. Man of the Match Nick Yates also scored. The North then beat Enfield Rangers at home 3-2. Jack Nevin scored twice to continue his goal spree and Man of the Match James Grayson also netted.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
Matthew Potter scored for the Under 9s North but after drawing 1-1 with Croxley they went down 2-1 on sudden death penalties in the Challenge Cup Final.