GB beat Spain in World League opener
- Credit: Archant
Tangerines’ Hannah Macleod in Great Britain squad
England Women opened their World League campaign in Valencia with a win over the hosts.
Joie Leigh and Alex Danson scored in the 2-0 victory over Spain at Betero.
Speaking to the International Hockey Federation after the game, Alex Danson said: “We are absolutely delighted. One of our real strengths is we have time together and we do our research. The Spanish team are fantastic so we’re delighted with how it went.
“For both teams, penalty corner defence was world class. It went down to the little moments so we’re delighted to come away with the points.
You may also want to watch:
Britain face Argentina on Saturday.
Macleod had 117 international caps for England and Great Britain and won bronze at London 2012.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans