GB beat Spain in World League opener
- Credit: Archant
Tangerines’ Hannah Macleod in Great Britain squad
England Women opened their World League campaign in Valencia with a win over the hosts.
Joie Leigh and Alex Danson scored in the 2-0 victory over Spain at Betero.
Speaking to the International Hockey Federation after the game, Alex Danson said: “We are absolutely delighted. One of our real strengths is we have time together and we do our research. The Spanish team are fantastic so we’re delighted with how it went.
“For both teams, penalty corner defence was world class. It went down to the little moments so we’re delighted to come away with the points.
You may also want to watch:
Britain face Argentina on Saturday.
Macleod had 117 international caps for England and Great Britain and won bronze at London 2012.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'