GB beat Spain in World League opener
- Credit: Archant
Tangerines’ Hannah Macleod in Great Britain squad
England Women opened their World League campaign in Valencia with a win over the hosts.
Joie Leigh and Alex Danson scored in the 2-0 victory over Spain at Betero.
Speaking to the International Hockey Federation after the game, Alex Danson said: “We are absolutely delighted. One of our real strengths is we have time together and we do our research. The Spanish team are fantastic so we’re delighted with how it went.
“For both teams, penalty corner defence was world class. It went down to the little moments so we’re delighted to come away with the points.
Britain face Argentina on Saturday.
Macleod had 117 international caps for England and Great Britain and won bronze at London 2012.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close