GB and England star on target as St Albans get season off to a winning start
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies secured three points in their first league game of the season after beating Chelmsford 4-2 at home on Saturday.
Goals from Annie Barratt, Emma O’Nien, Tash Humphris and GB’s Hannah MacLeod have put the Tangerines at the top of the Women’s Conference East league.
It was a weekend of success across the club with the men’s 1sts battling for a 3-2 victory against Oxford Hawks in their last friendly before league games kick off next week.
The goals came from Simon Clapham, Ian Scanlon and Dave Williams.
The men’s 2nds also triumphed as they beat Blueharts 4-2 with goals from Si Archer, John Mould, Ranjit Sehmbi and Harry Osborne.
The ladies 2nds welcomed Cheltenham for a double-header drawing 0-0 on the Saturday and goals from Lottie Simpson and Lexi Hamilton securing a 2-1 win on Sunday.
The ladies 3rds added to the club goal tally with a 4-2 win over Cambridge City. Libe Fadrique, Cathy Walker, Nikky Davis and Georgie Impson-Davey all scored.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Charlotte Moore hit the target to give the ladies 4ths a 1-0 win over West Herts and the Boadiceas also took on West Herts at Oaklands and came away with a 1-1 draw after Sian Island scored for the home team.
The men’s 3rds won 4-3 against Harrow with two goals apiece for Josh Rose and Albie Cohen, the men’s 4ths drew 2-2 with City of Peterborough after Charlie Beedle and Michael Voigt both found the back of the net.