GB and England star on target as St Albans get season off to a winning start
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies secured three points in their first league game of the season after beating Chelmsford 4-2 at home on Saturday.
Goals from Annie Barratt, Emma O’Nien, Tash Humphris and GB’s Hannah MacLeod have put the Tangerines at the top of the Women’s Conference East league.
It was a weekend of success across the club with the men’s 1sts battling for a 3-2 victory against Oxford Hawks in their last friendly before league games kick off next week.
The goals came from Simon Clapham, Ian Scanlon and Dave Williams.
The men’s 2nds also triumphed as they beat Blueharts 4-2 with goals from Si Archer, John Mould, Ranjit Sehmbi and Harry Osborne.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies 2nds welcomed Cheltenham for a double-header drawing 0-0 on the Saturday and goals from Lottie Simpson and Lexi Hamilton securing a 2-1 win on Sunday.
The ladies 3rds added to the club goal tally with a 4-2 win over Cambridge City. Libe Fadrique, Cathy Walker, Nikky Davis and Georgie Impson-Davey all scored.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Charlotte Moore hit the target to give the ladies 4ths a 1-0 win over West Herts and the Boadiceas also took on West Herts at Oaklands and came away with a 1-1 draw after Sian Island scored for the home team.
The men’s 3rds won 4-3 against Harrow with two goals apiece for Josh Rose and Albie Cohen, the men’s 4ths drew 2-2 with City of Peterborough after Charlie Beedle and Michael Voigt both found the back of the net.