Garland frustrates Blueboys but Gallagher has the last laugh
SSML Division One London Colney 1 Hadley 0 LONDON Colney left it late to score the winning goal against second-placed Hadley on Saturday. That Colney hadn t already scored was down to the performance of former St Albans City Youth goalkeeper Russell Garla
SSML Division One
London Colney 1 Hadley 0
LONDON Colney left it late to score the winning goal against second-placed Hadley on Saturday.
That Colney hadn't already scored was down to the performance of former St Albans City Youth goalkeeper Russell Garland between the sticks for Hadley.
You may also want to watch:
An early Frankie Jowle free kick was fired over by Russell Gallagher and Dave Parkinson had a shot stopped by Garland.
Gallagher's jinking run nearly brought a goal but Garland was equal to the Colney attacker's effort pushing his shot around the post.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Mark Whittamore was called into action for the first time making a good save to deny Jamie Hazell while at the other end Garland continued to frustrate the Blueboys.
Garland was finally beaten in the 73rd minute by Gallagher.
Parkinson made a surging cross-field run, slipping the ball to Gallagher who struck a cracking low shot just inside Garland's post.
The goalkeeper got a touch to Gallagher's shot but couldn't prevent it crossing the line.
Hadley had an opportunity to equalise when Neil Robinson was presented with a chance but he was off target.
Parkinson nearly doubled the Blueboys lead but Garland tipped his shot onto the post.
London Colney: Whittamore; Hull, Corran, Paradise, Murphy, Humbert, Jowle (Dickie), Danslow (Fitzgerald), Parkinson, Simmonds, Gallagher. Subs not used: Benning, Armstrong, Hill.