Garden City Runners enjoy perfect conditions and course at Burnham Beeches
- Credit: Archant
Near perfect conditions were on hand for a small band of Garden City Runners who headed to the ever popular Burnham Breeches 10K and half-marathon races.
The closed-road runs utilise a 10km lap around the ancient woodland of Burnham Beeches in Buckinghamshire.
Ryan Kean and Jean Cole both tackled the 10k route finishing in times 39 minutes 59 and 1:07:56 respectively.
Sean Bowen was the first GCR in the half-marathon, and fifth in his age category, and he was followed by Justin and July Kean, Anne Henson and Richard Darley.
Jackie O'Leary was nine seconds over the two-hour mark but that was still good enough for third in her age category.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Heal was competing in the "One Run To Find Them" ultra-marathon, a Lord of the Rings-themed event near Dorking.
Tasked with complete as many 3.28-mile circuits as possible in six hours, he managed 29.5 miles in 6:23:09.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant