Garden City Runners enjoy perfect conditions and course at Burnham Beeches
- Credit: Archant
Near perfect conditions were on hand for a small band of Garden City Runners who headed to the ever popular Burnham Breeches 10K and half-marathon races.
The closed-road runs utilise a 10km lap around the ancient woodland of Burnham Beeches in Buckinghamshire.
Ryan Kean and Jean Cole both tackled the 10k route finishing in times 39 minutes 59 and 1:07:56 respectively.
Sean Bowen was the first GCR in the half-marathon, and fifth in his age category, and he was followed by Justin and July Kean, Anne Henson and Richard Darley.
Jackie O'Leary was nine seconds over the two-hour mark but that was still good enough for third in her age category.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Heal was competing in the "One Run To Find Them" ultra-marathon, a Lord of the Rings-themed event near Dorking.
Tasked with complete as many 3.28-mile circuits as possible in six hours, he managed 29.5 miles in 6:23:09.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 All aboard the Blue Tangerine Café for vital work experience
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space