Game, set and fun at Redbourn Infant and Nursery School
- Credit: Archant
Reception children at Redbourn Infant and Nursery School enjoyed a free funded mini tennis taster session this week, delivered by Batchwood Tennis Centre coach Dan Smith.
The session is one of many delivered each year by coaches from Batchwood Tennis Centre, with the support of St Albans District Council, 1Life and Cassidy and Tate.
Around 3,000 children aged three to eight years are introduced to tennis each year through the initiative.
The sessions include fun physical games, racquet skills and an introduction to the basics of the sport.
At the end of each session pupils are the invited to take up tennis lessons either at their school or as part of subsidised programmes throughout the district.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Cassidy, director of Cassidy and Tate estate agents, which sponsors the scheme, said: “We are delighted to be working alongside different schools and clubs in connection with the tennis programme.
“David’s son is five and he always hopes he has just as much fun at school as all the children we see learning to play tennis.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“There is nothing more enjoyable to watch than children playing, full of joy and happiness whilst still learning.”
For more information on local tennis programmes and to arrange a free trial session, please contact Alex Gooding on 07581 547192.