Galloway nets two to maintain London Colney Reserves’ unbeaten streak
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Reserves maintained their unbeaten record in the league with a 2-1 win over AFC Dunstable.
With the first team game cancelled due to the weather, the reserves took centre stage as they travelled to Dunstable for their match, which was played on a 3G pitch.
The Blueboys opened the scoring when a Jack Woods corner saw Bobby Armstrong head the ball back into the goalmouth for Josh Galloway, who produced an over-head kick, to find the net.
Dunstable equalised in controversial fashion. After a kick on goalkeeper Mark Whittamore the Blueboys stopped, expecting a whistle but it never came and the hosts rolled the ball into an empty net.
Whittamore got another kick later on which once again brought no joy from the match referee but this time the danger was cleared and so the score remained at 1-1 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
With about 15 minutes to go London Colney Reserves went 2-1 up when Woods, who was doing well down the right wing beat his marker with ease and then swept the ball low into the box where Galloway was lurking yet again and he despatched the ball into the back of the net for the winning goal.
• London Colney’s A-Team were also in action. They drew 2-2 away at Tring with goals from Johnny Armitt and Chris Griffin.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district