Galloway nets two to maintain London Colney Reserves’ unbeaten streak
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Reserves maintained their unbeaten record in the league with a 2-1 win over AFC Dunstable.
With the first team game cancelled due to the weather, the reserves took centre stage as they travelled to Dunstable for their match, which was played on a 3G pitch.
The Blueboys opened the scoring when a Jack Woods corner saw Bobby Armstrong head the ball back into the goalmouth for Josh Galloway, who produced an over-head kick, to find the net.
Dunstable equalised in controversial fashion. After a kick on goalkeeper Mark Whittamore the Blueboys stopped, expecting a whistle but it never came and the hosts rolled the ball into an empty net.
Whittamore got another kick later on which once again brought no joy from the match referee but this time the danger was cleared and so the score remained at 1-1 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
With about 15 minutes to go London Colney Reserves went 2-1 up when Woods, who was doing well down the right wing beat his marker with ease and then swept the ball low into the box where Galloway was lurking yet again and he despatched the ball into the back of the net for the winning goal.
• London Colney’s A-Team were also in action. They drew 2-2 away at Tring with goals from Johnny Armitt and Chris Griffin.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans