Gallery: St Albans City Ladies fall one game shy of perfect season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City ladies just missed out on a perfect season after losing their final game to Flitwick.
The single defeat sees them finish the season second in Division One.
Game started well, moving the ball around Flitwick, and they went two goals ahead within the first five minutes.
City’s rhythm was broke in the 12th minute as they had to make two substitutions due to illness. The changes resulted in City gifting Flitwick foothold in the game.
This spurred City on, with numerous shots being taken but good goalkeeping prevented Flitwick going further ahead, who pulled themselves back on level terms with a counterattacking goal.
City regained the league as Holly Sheridan completed her hat-trick, her second in as many weeks, but once again they were pegged back at the half ended at 3-3.
Flitwick’s equaliser just before half-time deflated City and two further goals followed in the second period to ensure St Albans another season in Division One.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Sarah Ward, Rachel Sherlow, Sophie Green, Molly Slade, Amber Charlton, Faith Trounce, Viki Allen, Lucy Hancock (c), Georga Knight, Kelly Hancock, Holly Sheridan, Laura Nobel.