Gallery: St Albans City Ladies fall one game shy of perfect season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City ladies just missed out on a perfect season after losing their final game to Flitwick.
The single defeat sees them finish the season second in Division One.
Game started well, moving the ball around Flitwick, and they went two goals ahead within the first five minutes.
City’s rhythm was broke in the 12th minute as they had to make two substitutions due to illness. The changes resulted in City gifting Flitwick foothold in the game.
This spurred City on, with numerous shots being taken but good goalkeeping prevented Flitwick going further ahead, who pulled themselves back on level terms with a counterattacking goal.
You may also want to watch:
City regained the league as Holly Sheridan completed her hat-trick, her second in as many weeks, but once again they were pegged back at the half ended at 3-3.
Flitwick’s equaliser just before half-time deflated City and two further goals followed in the second period to ensure St Albans another season in Division One.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Sarah Ward, Rachel Sherlow, Sophie Green, Molly Slade, Amber Charlton, Faith Trounce, Viki Allen, Lucy Hancock (c), Georga Knight, Kelly Hancock, Holly Sheridan, Laura Nobel.