Gallery: St Albans City Ladies fall one game shy of perfect season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City ladies just missed out on a perfect season after losing their final game to Flitwick.
The single defeat sees them finish the season second in Division One.
Game started well, moving the ball around Flitwick, and they went two goals ahead within the first five minutes.
City’s rhythm was broke in the 12th minute as they had to make two substitutions due to illness. The changes resulted in City gifting Flitwick foothold in the game.
This spurred City on, with numerous shots being taken but good goalkeeping prevented Flitwick going further ahead, who pulled themselves back on level terms with a counterattacking goal.
You may also want to watch:
City regained the league as Holly Sheridan completed her hat-trick, her second in as many weeks, but once again they were pegged back at the half ended at 3-3.
Flitwick’s equaliser just before half-time deflated City and two further goals followed in the second period to ensure St Albans another season in Division One.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Sarah Ward, Rachel Sherlow, Sophie Green, Molly Slade, Amber Charlton, Faith Trounce, Viki Allen, Lucy Hancock (c), Georga Knight, Kelly Hancock, Holly Sheridan, Laura Nobel.