Gallery: St Albans City Ladies fall one game shy of perfect season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City ladies just missed out on a perfect season after losing their final game to Flitwick.
The single defeat sees them finish the season second in Division One.
Game started well, moving the ball around Flitwick, and they went two goals ahead within the first five minutes.
City’s rhythm was broke in the 12th minute as they had to make two substitutions due to illness. The changes resulted in City gifting Flitwick foothold in the game.
This spurred City on, with numerous shots being taken but good goalkeeping prevented Flitwick going further ahead, who pulled themselves back on level terms with a counterattacking goal.
City regained the league as Holly Sheridan completed her hat-trick, her second in as many weeks, but once again they were pegged back at the half ended at 3-3.
Flitwick’s equaliser just before half-time deflated City and two further goals followed in the second period to ensure St Albans another season in Division One.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 8 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Sarah Ward, Rachel Sherlow, Sophie Green, Molly Slade, Amber Charlton, Faith Trounce, Viki Allen, Lucy Hancock (c), Georga Knight, Kelly Hancock, Holly Sheridan, Laura Nobel.