Gallery & Slideshow: Met Police arrest Park Street hopes
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Park Street Village 0 Codicote 1 Met Police Bushey 3 Park Street Village PARK Street Village were defeated 3-0 at Met Police Bushey in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday.
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Park Street Village 0 Codicote 1
Met Police Bushey 3 Park Street Village
PARK Street Village were defeated 3-0 at Met Police Bushey in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
With their first choice central midfielders missing, PSV had to patch up the side and conceded a simple goal to fall behind.
Ryan Thompson's side got back into the game and hit the post before conceding a second and then a third from the penalty spot for Met Police in the second period settled the contest.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
On Saturday PSV were without several regulars as they hosted Codicote and soon lost midfield star Pete Hanson with a hamstring problem. Boss Ryan Thompson said: "The injury to Pete Hanson was a massive blow and we had to change our shape and our formation and we didn't have the players to do it really."
The match seemed to be heading for a draw until Codicote struck late on to take the points. Thompson said: "They had a shot which was going wide and it took a deflection, came back out and they were through one-on-one. We switched off. We didn't deserve to lose the game."
PSV host Mill End Sports on Saturday with a 1.30pm start at Toulmin Drive. Thompson will assess the fitness of injured players Lee Woodruff, Pete Hanson and Gary Warn.