Gallery & Slideshow: Met Police arrest Park Street hopes
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Park Street Village 0 Codicote 1 Met Police Bushey 3 Park Street Village PARK Street Village were defeated 3-0 at Met Police Bushey in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday.
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Park Street Village 0 Codicote 1
Met Police Bushey 3 Park Street Village
PARK Street Village were defeated 3-0 at Met Police Bushey in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
With their first choice central midfielders missing, PSV had to patch up the side and conceded a simple goal to fall behind.
Ryan Thompson's side got back into the game and hit the post before conceding a second and then a third from the penalty spot for Met Police in the second period settled the contest.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
On Saturday PSV were without several regulars as they hosted Codicote and soon lost midfield star Pete Hanson with a hamstring problem. Boss Ryan Thompson said: "The injury to Pete Hanson was a massive blow and we had to change our shape and our formation and we didn't have the players to do it really."
The match seemed to be heading for a draw until Codicote struck late on to take the points. Thompson said: "They had a shot which was going wide and it took a deflection, came back out and they were through one-on-one. We switched off. We didn't deserve to lose the game."
PSV host Mill End Sports on Saturday with a 1.30pm start at Toulmin Drive. Thompson will assess the fitness of injured players Lee Woodruff, Pete Hanson and Gary Warn.