Gallery & Slideshow: Met Police arrest Park Street hopes
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Park Street Village 0 Codicote 1 Met Police Bushey 3 Park Street Village PARK Street Village were defeated 3-0 at Met Police Bushey in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday.
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Park Street Village 0 Codicote 1
Met Police Bushey 3 Park Street Village
PARK Street Village were defeated 3-0 at Met Police Bushey in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday.
With their first choice central midfielders missing, PSV had to patch up the side and conceded a simple goal to fall behind.
Ryan Thompson's side got back into the game and hit the post before conceding a second and then a third from the penalty spot for Met Police in the second period settled the contest.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 9 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
On Saturday PSV were without several regulars as they hosted Codicote and soon lost midfield star Pete Hanson with a hamstring problem. Boss Ryan Thompson said: "The injury to Pete Hanson was a massive blow and we had to change our shape and our formation and we didn't have the players to do it really."
The match seemed to be heading for a draw until Codicote struck late on to take the points. Thompson said: "They had a shot which was going wide and it took a deflection, came back out and they were through one-on-one. We switched off. We didn't deserve to lose the game."
PSV host Mill End Sports on Saturday with a 1.30pm start at Toulmin Drive. Thompson will assess the fitness of injured players Lee Woodruff, Pete Hanson and Gary Warn.