GALLERY: Six-point Easter for Blueboys
- Credit: Archant
London Colney picked up six points over the Easter weekend, with wins over Oxhey Jets and Berkhamsted.
On Saturday, James Ewington scored twice before Greg Shaw grabbed the winning goal from the penalty spot after Stef Geraldes was brought down by Will Baker, earning Jets’ goalkeeper a red card.
Oxhey managed to peg the Blueboys back to 3-2 through Adam Lawton and were inches away from grabbing an equaliser but Sam Doolan headed Tim O’Mara’s shot off the line.
Then, on Tuesday, they followed up with a 1-0 win over Berkhamsted, which took their unbeaten run to 19 games.
Jack Woods scored the only goal of the game following good work by Dan Power to keep the Blueboys in second place in the SSML Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Thompson’s team welcome Sun Sports to Cotlandswick on Saturday, 3pm kick-off, before travelling to local rivals Colney Heath on Tuesday night, kick-off is 7.45pm.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital