GALLERY: Six-point Easter for Blueboys
- Credit: Archant
London Colney picked up six points over the Easter weekend, with wins over Oxhey Jets and Berkhamsted.
On Saturday, James Ewington scored twice before Greg Shaw grabbed the winning goal from the penalty spot after Stef Geraldes was brought down by Will Baker, earning Jets’ goalkeeper a red card.
Oxhey managed to peg the Blueboys back to 3-2 through Adam Lawton and were inches away from grabbing an equaliser but Sam Doolan headed Tim O’Mara’s shot off the line.
Then, on Tuesday, they followed up with a 1-0 win over Berkhamsted, which took their unbeaten run to 19 games.
Jack Woods scored the only goal of the game following good work by Dan Power to keep the Blueboys in second place in the SSML Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Thompson’s team welcome Sun Sports to Cotlandswick on Saturday, 3pm kick-off, before travelling to local rivals Colney Heath on Tuesday night, kick-off is 7.45pm.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 10 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme