Gallery: London Colney tame Lions
- Credit: Archant
London Colney won their penultimate game of the season against London Lions 2-0 on Saturday.
The teams were due to meet on Thursday in London Colney but a downpour before the game saw the game postponed. The teams meet again tonight (Tuesday) in the final game of the season. Kick-off is 7.45pm at Cotlandswick.
On Saturday the Blueboys could have been at least two goals ahead in the first eight minutes when a effort from Spencer Clarke-Mardel flashed just wide of the far post and Matt Newman flicked the ball over the head of Dan Lee, the Lions keeper, only to see it go just wide of the near post.
The Blueboys continued to create chances throughout the first half but they were unable to add the finishing touch.
The second half continued in the same vain as first as Clarke-Mardel and Greg Shaw saw their efforts saved.
You may also want to watch:
With the minutes ticking away, and a goalless draw looking odds, on the Blueboys finally scored. Shaw took a free kick just outside the box and he drilled it low through the wall. Lee spilled the ball and Clarke-Mardel bundled it over the line.
Then it became 2-0 when Tom Smith played in Newman and he simply drilled low into the back of the net from 20 yards.
- 1 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 2 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car