Gallery: London Colney tame Lions
- Credit: Archant
London Colney won their penultimate game of the season against London Lions 2-0 on Saturday.
The teams were due to meet on Thursday in London Colney but a downpour before the game saw the game postponed. The teams meet again tonight (Tuesday) in the final game of the season. Kick-off is 7.45pm at Cotlandswick.
On Saturday the Blueboys could have been at least two goals ahead in the first eight minutes when a effort from Spencer Clarke-Mardel flashed just wide of the far post and Matt Newman flicked the ball over the head of Dan Lee, the Lions keeper, only to see it go just wide of the near post.
The Blueboys continued to create chances throughout the first half but they were unable to add the finishing touch.
The second half continued in the same vain as first as Clarke-Mardel and Greg Shaw saw their efforts saved.
You may also want to watch:
With the minutes ticking away, and a goalless draw looking odds, on the Blueboys finally scored. Shaw took a free kick just outside the box and he drilled it low through the wall. Lee spilled the ball and Clarke-Mardel bundled it over the line.
Then it became 2-0 when Tom Smith played in Newman and he simply drilled low into the back of the net from 20 yards.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to