Gallery: London Colney tame Lions
- Credit: Archant
London Colney won their penultimate game of the season against London Lions 2-0 on Saturday.
The teams were due to meet on Thursday in London Colney but a downpour before the game saw the game postponed. The teams meet again tonight (Tuesday) in the final game of the season. Kick-off is 7.45pm at Cotlandswick.
On Saturday the Blueboys could have been at least two goals ahead in the first eight minutes when a effort from Spencer Clarke-Mardel flashed just wide of the far post and Matt Newman flicked the ball over the head of Dan Lee, the Lions keeper, only to see it go just wide of the near post.
The Blueboys continued to create chances throughout the first half but they were unable to add the finishing touch.
The second half continued in the same vain as first as Clarke-Mardel and Greg Shaw saw their efforts saved.
You may also want to watch:
With the minutes ticking away, and a goalless draw looking odds, on the Blueboys finally scored. Shaw took a free kick just outside the box and he drilled it low through the wall. Lee spilled the ball and Clarke-Mardel bundled it over the line.
Then it became 2-0 when Tom Smith played in Newman and he simply drilled low into the back of the net from 20 yards.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten