Gallery: Ladies edge local derby
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Ladies earned bragging rights over local rivals Harvesters with a 1-0 victory.
Harvesters visited City on Sunday in hopes of ending their unbeaten run in the league and, as expected, the game was end to end.
The visitors held firm against City’s attacks in the first half and made a few chances of their own.
It was a free-kick conceded just outside the area that proved costly for Harvesters as Megan Kiff stepped up and blasted the ball into the top left corner of the goal for her first ever competitive goal against Harvesters.
Not giving up, Harvesters continued to pile on the pressure and City’s task of withstanding it became more diffcult when Kiff was given her marching orders for dissent.
You may also want to watch:
Defensively City stood strong with Sarah Ward and Faith Trounce at the back. They even came close to increasing their lead a few times, including Georga Knight rattling the crossbar with Holly Sheriden attacking the rebound causing Harvesters to clear off the line.
At the other end Emma Tammaro controlled her box well to continue her run of clean sheets.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Megan Kiff (C), Sarah Ward, Grace Campion, Rachel Sherlow, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock, Laura Noble, Sophie Joseph, Faith Trounce, Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Vikki Allen, Renae Mooney.