Gallery: Ladies edge local derby
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Ladies earned bragging rights over local rivals Harvesters with a 1-0 victory.
Harvesters visited City on Sunday in hopes of ending their unbeaten run in the league and, as expected, the game was end to end.
The visitors held firm against City’s attacks in the first half and made a few chances of their own.
It was a free-kick conceded just outside the area that proved costly for Harvesters as Megan Kiff stepped up and blasted the ball into the top left corner of the goal for her first ever competitive goal against Harvesters.
Not giving up, Harvesters continued to pile on the pressure and City’s task of withstanding it became more diffcult when Kiff was given her marching orders for dissent.
You may also want to watch:
Defensively City stood strong with Sarah Ward and Faith Trounce at the back. They even came close to increasing their lead a few times, including Georga Knight rattling the crossbar with Holly Sheriden attacking the rebound causing Harvesters to clear off the line.
At the other end Emma Tammaro controlled her box well to continue her run of clean sheets.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Megan Kiff (C), Sarah Ward, Grace Campion, Rachel Sherlow, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock, Laura Noble, Sophie Joseph, Faith Trounce, Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Vikki Allen, Renae Mooney.