Gallery: Humphris strikes twice as Tangerines go top
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from the irrepressible Tash Humphris saw St Albans Hockey Club’s Ladies’ 1sts continue their impressive start to the Investec Women’s Hockey League Conference East.
Seven games into the season and the Tangerines are joint top with East Grinstead, having picked up five wins. The latest came against Wimbledon in front of an enthusiastic crowd at Oaklands.
Humphris scored penalty corner strikes in each half - promoting her to the league’s top scorer - and handing St Albans a 2-0 win.
They ladies weekend off before they travel to Horsham, who lost 3-0 to Harleston Magpies in the last outing, on November 8.
Earlier in the day, the club’s CEO Andy Forshaw was the hero in goal for the men’s 1sts, answering an 11th hour call-up to play in a 2-1 win against Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans conceded an early goal but equalised just before the interval with a dazzling Mark Lowden solo effort. Forshaw then pulled off a fine double save midway through the second half, before Tom Hudson seized the initiative, broke into the circle and played in Matt Street to seal the win.
Elsewhere, the ladies’ 2nd team won again at Folkestone 3-0 to forge ahead at the top of their league, while the club was at sixes and sevens in a special league encounter which saw the men’s 6ths defeat the 7ths 3-0.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward