GALLERY: Harpenden score 35 runs to beat hapless Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
HARPENDEN didn’t need to get anywhere near top gear as they strolled to a seven-wicket victory against Potters Bar.
Skipper Nick Lamb won the toss and decided to bowl on a green wicket that would do no favours for the batsmen. And so it proved.
Joe Peck and William Jones didn’t even finish their opening spells with the ball before the Potters Bar order had walked to the crease and subsequently shuffled back to the clubhouse with their heads down.
Opening batsman David Breeze (10) and number six Tom Coughlan (10no) were the only two Bar players to reach double figures in an innings that featured five ducks.
Peck finished with figures of 3-13 from 10 overs but the plaudits went to Williams (7-19) who took seven wickets.
You may also want to watch:
With a measly 34 runs need to win the game, Harpenden were given a slight shock when Gregg Cooper (0) was dismissed by his first ball. Daniel Blacktop (11) was next to go, caught by Coughlan, and James Latham (0) faced three balls before his off-stump clipped by the ball.
At 13-3 Harpenden sent in Ben Frazer (19no) to partner Chad Breetzke (2no) to see out the game.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The win puts Harpenden joint top of the division after one game. On Saturday Lamb’s side travel to Burnham Bucks, who lost their first game to Slough by six wickets.