GALLERY: Goals galore as City Ladies thump Dunstable
- Credit: Archant
Three hat-tricks helped St Albans City Ladies gain an important three points in the race for automatic promotion with a 14-0 thrashing of AFC Dunstable Ladies.
The visitors held City at bay in the early exchanges but a 10th minute penalty, dispatched by Amber Charlton, opened the floodgates.
Four more goals before half-time, including the first of Kelly Hancock’s hat-trick, all but wrapped up the game with 45 minutes still to play.
Goals continued to flood in as Hancock and Molly Slade completed their hat-tricks. Holly Sheridan also got in on the act with a neat triple in the last 15 minutes.
The midfield, playing a new formation, kept the ball well and played good passing football. Midfielders Charlton and Megan Kiff both got braces and Lucy Hancock on her return from injury managed to bag a goal as well.
You may also want to watch:
City defence weren’t caught sleeping when Dunstable broke away and pressured the home side’s goal. Switched on, they quickly distinguished any pressure and cleared the ball back up top.
Next week’s final game of the season will be against Flitwick who are closing in on City and will be the decider for second place. The game kicks off at 2pm at the Recreation Ground, the home of Colney Heath FC. Entry is free.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
The team is looking for a new manager for next season. If any managers, preferably level two, are looking for a position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.