Gallery: Chelsea XI net pre-season win over St Albans City
ST ALBANS City were beaten 3-0 by a talented young Chelsea XI at Clarence Park on Saturday.
Patrick Bamford and Adam Coombes, from the penalty spot, both beat City keeper Nick Jupp to put The Blues 2-0 up in the opening 14 minutes.
St Albans’ best chance of pulling a goal back come on 66 minutes as Richard Graham was pushed in the area and he earned a penalty.
However, Micah Hyde saw his spot-kick saved by Sam Walker.
The third Chelsea goal came from John Swift, with an assist from new-signing Thorgan Hazard, with just over 20 minutes to play.
You may also want to watch:
See the link above right for photos from the match.
St Albans continue their pre-season campaign on Wednesday evening with a clash against League One’s Stevenage at Clarence Park, kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works