GALLERY: Bonus-point win for Vees in penultimate game
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians recorded a five-point win in their penultimate game of the season as they beat Feltham 28-7 at Cotlandswick.
Vees’ final game of the season is at Old Millhillians on April 11.
Regardless of the result, this season will be tinged with disappointment. A blistering middle of the season – Vees won eight games on the bounce – could have put them in contention for promotion had it not been for a poor start, when they won just two of their first seven matches.
Instead, Vees will finish in either fourth or fifth in Herts/Middlesex 1. A commendable performance, but it could have been so much more. They will, however, go into next season full of confidence, knowing what the team can achieve.
Saturday’s win over Feltham turned into a exhibition as the visitors lost a prop forward in the first five minutes and, without any replacements, resulted in uncontested scrums.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Taylor scored the first try, which was converted by Ben Russell, in a dominant second half. Russell darted over and added the extras to put Vees 21-7 up.
The game descended into mistakes until just before the final whistle when Ryan Taylor dived over for the bonus-point try. Russell split the uprights with the last kick of the game.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans