Gallery: Awards highlight sporting achievement in St Albans District
THE St Albans and District Sport Awards were held on Wednesday, July 9 at the Vineyard Church. The awards evening celebrated the sporting achievements of people across three areas: Club Sport presented by Tom McNab, School Sport and Disability Sport.
THE St Albans and District Sport Awards were held on Wednesday, July 9 at the Vineyard Church.
The awards evening celebrated the sporting achievements of people across three areas: Club Sport presented by Tom McNab, School Sport and Disability Sport.
For the second year the awards merged with Special Olympics, St Albans to highlight the fantastic level of ability and dedication that the Special Olympic athletes are contributing to sport in the district.
Herts Advertiser Photographer Dave Harris went along to the glittering celebration and took photographs of the award winners. See our gallery link below.
You may also want to watch:
Among the winners were Marshalswick Judo Club for Recognition of Club Community Club Achievements along with MJC coach Doug Seabrook. Winner of official/administrator was Wendy Seabrook. St Albans Centurions coach Shane Rampling won Community Coach of the Year - Male and collected his prize while the Rugby League club took the award for Recognition for Team Achievements with England Lionheart and Centurion star Oli Fountain collecting the prize. Beaumont Under 12s Cross Country team won the award for Recognition of School Team Achievements. Dawn Sewell was named Community Coach of the Year - Female.
Harpenden Under 17s Rugby team were recognised for becoming the top team in the country and won the Team of the Year prize. Dan Rogers was presented with an award for Recognition of Contribution to Disability Sport and Adam Garland was named the Winner of Contribution to Disability Sport. Dave Wray collected the Recognition for Community Club Contribution award on behalf of St Albans City Youth FC.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans