Gallant Sandridge hit four
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Sandridge Rovers 4 Knebworth 1 MIDFIELDER Josh Galloway made an impressive impact as Sandridge Rovers beat Knebworth 4-1 in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division. The Sandridge young stars
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Sandridge Rovers 4 Knebworth 1
MIDFIELDER Josh Galloway made an impressive impact as Sandridge Rovers beat Knebworth 4-1 in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division.
The Sandridge young stars put in a slick display which pleased manager Kevin Barton. He said: "We played some of the best football we have played this season. We are getting some positive feedback from the fans and I am really pleased. I was missing four senior players and we had a squad of 14 with 11 players under the age of 20. Nine of them were 18."
You may also want to watch:
Rovers were 3-1 up at half time with goals from Chris Wickens, Chris Wilding and young Galloway who starred in his first full 90 minutes.
Knebworth struck a goal back from outside the box which left Barton disappointed about the lack of closing down.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
In the second half, Sandridge took control again and Wickens added his second. There were chances to add more goals and Barton is looking for more from his side. He said: "We are about 80 per cent where we want to be now. Chris Wickens should have had five goals and Chris Wilding should have had four. Knebworth never really threatened, apart from the goal which we were disappointed about. Our goalkeeper had a quiet afternoon."
Sandridge host Lemsford at the Spencer Recreation Ground on Saturday with a 3pm kick off.