Gallant Sandridge hit four
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Sandridge Rovers 4 Knebworth 1 MIDFIELDER Josh Galloway made an impressive impact as Sandridge Rovers beat Knebworth 4-1 in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division. The Sandridge young stars
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Sandridge Rovers 4 Knebworth 1
MIDFIELDER Josh Galloway made an impressive impact as Sandridge Rovers beat Knebworth 4-1 in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division.
The Sandridge young stars put in a slick display which pleased manager Kevin Barton. He said: "We played some of the best football we have played this season. We are getting some positive feedback from the fans and I am really pleased. I was missing four senior players and we had a squad of 14 with 11 players under the age of 20. Nine of them were 18."
You may also want to watch:
Rovers were 3-1 up at half time with goals from Chris Wickens, Chris Wilding and young Galloway who starred in his first full 90 minutes.
Knebworth struck a goal back from outside the box which left Barton disappointed about the lack of closing down.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
In the second half, Sandridge took control again and Wickens added his second. There were chances to add more goals and Barton is looking for more from his side. He said: "We are about 80 per cent where we want to be now. Chris Wickens should have had five goals and Chris Wilding should have had four. Knebworth never really threatened, apart from the goal which we were disappointed about. Our goalkeeper had a quiet afternoon."
Sandridge host Lemsford at the Spencer Recreation Ground on Saturday with a 3pm kick off.