Futures Cup call-up for St Albans junior Maddy Davies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club junior Maddy Davies has been selected for the Saxon Tigers U18 squad to play at the Futures Cup which is taking place at Oaklands this October half term.
The Futures Cup is the pinnacle event of the England Hockey Player Pathway for U16 and U18 girls and boys.
Teams from across the UK will compete to be crowned the Future Cup winners and national junior squads will be selected from this tournament.
Davies, 16, is part of St Albans Ladies first team and also plays for her Hitchin Girls’ School team.
The Tangerines have also announced that GB and Scottish international Amy Gibson will be the goalkeeper coach for their junior hockey camps.
You may also want to watch:
Gibson has a huge amount of experience both coaching and playing and trains full time with the GB programme.
In league news, the men’s 1st team beat Chelmsford 6-1 to maintain their 100 per cent record this season.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
South African U21 international Steve McManus scored twice on his debut with his first goal also being his first touch of the match.
The Ladies 3rds are joint top of their league following a 3-0 win against Hertford.
Jen Birch, Sarah Embrey and Georgie Impson-Davey all beat the keeper.