Futures Cup call-up for St Albans junior Maddy Davies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club junior Maddy Davies has been selected for the Saxon Tigers U18 squad to play at the Futures Cup which is taking place at Oaklands this October half term.
The Futures Cup is the pinnacle event of the England Hockey Player Pathway for U16 and U18 girls and boys.
Teams from across the UK will compete to be crowned the Future Cup winners and national junior squads will be selected from this tournament.
Davies, 16, is part of St Albans Ladies first team and also plays for her Hitchin Girls’ School team.
The Tangerines have also announced that GB and Scottish international Amy Gibson will be the goalkeeper coach for their junior hockey camps.
Gibson has a huge amount of experience both coaching and playing and trains full time with the GB programme.
In league news, the men’s 1st team beat Chelmsford 6-1 to maintain their 100 per cent record this season.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
South African U21 international Steve McManus scored twice on his debut with his first goal also being his first touch of the match.
The Ladies 3rds are joint top of their league following a 3-0 win against Hertford.
Jen Birch, Sarah Embrey and Georgie Impson-Davey all beat the keeper.