Futures Cup call-up for St Albans junior Maddy Davies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club junior Maddy Davies has been selected for the Saxon Tigers U18 squad to play at the Futures Cup which is taking place at Oaklands this October half term.
The Futures Cup is the pinnacle event of the England Hockey Player Pathway for U16 and U18 girls and boys.
Teams from across the UK will compete to be crowned the Future Cup winners and national junior squads will be selected from this tournament.
Davies, 16, is part of St Albans Ladies first team and also plays for her Hitchin Girls’ School team.
The Tangerines have also announced that GB and Scottish international Amy Gibson will be the goalkeeper coach for their junior hockey camps.
You may also want to watch:
Gibson has a huge amount of experience both coaching and playing and trains full time with the GB programme.
In league news, the men’s 1st team beat Chelmsford 6-1 to maintain their 100 per cent record this season.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
South African U21 international Steve McManus scored twice on his debut with his first goal also being his first touch of the match.
The Ladies 3rds are joint top of their league following a 3-0 win against Hertford.
Jen Birch, Sarah Embrey and Georgie Impson-Davey all beat the keeper.