Fun Easter rugby camp at St Albans proves to be huge hit
- Credit: Archant
An Easter rugby camp held at St Albans Rugby Club has been hailed as a success.
The two-day camp held at the club’s Boggymead ground saw over 40 children go through a range of fun, competitive games and skills.
First time players, aged between six and 11, rubbed shoulders with more experienced players from clubs around the district.
The course was based around the core RFU values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship.
All those who took part had fun, played a lot, learned a lot and made new friends.
You may also want to watch:
Roly Everall, chairman of the minis section at St Albans, said: “St Albans RFC is a very friendly community club, with a small yet growing mini’s section.
“Opening our ground to this rugby camp fits with our philosophy that children all ages and abilities can turn up, have lots of fun and all get to play competitive mini matches.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
The mini’s section at St Albans has been running for three years and is open to any child regardless of age, gender or ability.
This is only their second season of playing competitive games but success is coming thick and fast, including a strong performance at the recent Herts Mini’s Rugby Festival.
Mick O’Shea, coach of the U11s, said: “Although we only have a small squad at present, we like to think we hold our own in matches.
“We are looking to recruit more youngsters and one of our core beliefs is that every who attends, gets to play in the matches.”
Anyone wishing to play should get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org