Friend scores but Police lock down Sandridge Rovers
GEORGE Friend scored as Sandridge Rovers fought hard but failed to escape Met Police Bushey with a point in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division. Sandridge boss Bob Fowler had a depleted squad for the fixture
GEORGE Friend scored as Sandridge Rovers fought hard but failed to escape Met Police Bushey with a point in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division.
Sandridge boss Bob Fowler had a depleted squad for the fixture and lost Nicky Darke and James Aires to injury during the clash.
Rovers went behind but regrouped well and Met Police got out of jail when Chris Wickens missed a penalty after Ryan Denys was unlawfully felled.
Denys was in lively form for Sandridge and created the equaliser with a darting run which set up George Friend to strike. Denys could then have won a second penalty as he burst into the box. Fowler said: "They couldn't handle Ryan. He was absolutely causing them problems. He was pulled down for the penalty and then it was the ball going loose after his run that led to George hammering home our equaliser. Ryan then stayed on his feet when he got between two defenders and got a nudge. I felt that it was a penalty."
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper Rob Munn made some great saves for Sandridge but Met Police soon stole in for a second goal and locked the game up with a third to continue their charge towards the Premier Division title.
Sandridge were without a game on Monday when their clash at Evergreen was postponed. Rovers host Bovingdon on Saturday. Park Street Village go away to Hatfield Town after both their Easter fixtures were postponed.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall