Frendo swaps Saints for Tudors
- Credit: Archant
Frendo turned down a contract at Clarence Park to join Hemel
John Frendo has left St Albans City to join near neighbours Hemel Hempstead Town.
The Tudors announced the news on Twitter last night.
Frendo spent two seasons at Clarence Park, scoring 42 goals in the Saints’ promotion-winning season and adding 18 more in the 2014/15 Vanarama Conference South campaign.
Joint manager James Gray said: “John didn’t accept our offer. We offered him a deal that was in line with what we thought he was worth and what we could afford. He declined it for a better offer and has moved on.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “If players are going to leave, I like to see them move upwards rather than sideways. But he fancied a change for whatever reason. I’m disappointed to lose a player who has done so well for us over the past two seasons but I hold no grudges and wish him the best.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans