Frendo swaps Saints for Tudors
- Credit: Archant
Frendo turned down a contract at Clarence Park to join Hemel
John Frendo has left St Albans City to join near neighbours Hemel Hempstead Town.
The Tudors announced the news on Twitter last night.
Frendo spent two seasons at Clarence Park, scoring 42 goals in the Saints’ promotion-winning season and adding 18 more in the 2014/15 Vanarama Conference South campaign.
Joint manager James Gray said: “John didn’t accept our offer. We offered him a deal that was in line with what we thought he was worth and what we could afford. He declined it for a better offer and has moved on.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “If players are going to leave, I like to see them move upwards rather than sideways. But he fancied a change for whatever reason. I’m disappointed to lose a player who has done so well for us over the past two seasons but I hold no grudges and wish him the best.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book