Frendo aiming for 30 goals and top five finish
- Credit: Archant
JOHN Frendo has set his sights on matching his record-setting form from last season.
The 28-year-old netted 44 times in 48 games – 32 in the league –while playing for Hitchin Town.
After becoming St Albans City’s marquee signing of the summer, he struggled out of the gate, going five games without a goal before a scoring in a 1-1 draw against his old club.
However, the floodgates appear to have been thrown wide open has he went wild at AFC Totton, scoring four times in a 5-2 win.
After the game he proclaimed 30 goals in the league was his aim.
“It’s been a little while waiting but glad [the goals] are here and there is more to come.
“The opposition wasn’t the best but you have to beat what is in front of you.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 5 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 6 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
“We’ve had a good start to the season but there is definitely more to come from this group.”
He added: “We will be top five at least by the end of the season, definitely.”
Frendo said the team’s switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 helped him find the net, and he will be hoping for a repeat performance against Enfield Town on Saturday in the FA Cup.
Frendo reached the first round proper of the competition with Ware in 2007 but was knocked out by Kidderminister Harriers. He called playing in the game a “great experience” and one he wants to repeat with the Saints this year.