Frendo aiming for 30 goals and top five finish
- Credit: Archant
JOHN Frendo has set his sights on matching his record-setting form from last season.
The 28-year-old netted 44 times in 48 games – 32 in the league –while playing for Hitchin Town.
After becoming St Albans City’s marquee signing of the summer, he struggled out of the gate, going five games without a goal before a scoring in a 1-1 draw against his old club.
However, the floodgates appear to have been thrown wide open has he went wild at AFC Totton, scoring four times in a 5-2 win.
After the game he proclaimed 30 goals in the league was his aim.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a little while waiting but glad [the goals] are here and there is more to come.
“The opposition wasn’t the best but you have to beat what is in front of you.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“We’ve had a good start to the season but there is definitely more to come from this group.”
He added: “We will be top five at least by the end of the season, definitely.”
Frendo said the team’s switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 helped him find the net, and he will be hoping for a repeat performance against Enfield Town on Saturday in the FA Cup.
Frendo reached the first round proper of the competition with Ware in 2007 but was knocked out by Kidderminister Harriers. He called playing in the game a “great experience” and one he wants to repeat with the Saints this year.