Frendo aiming for 30 goals and top five finish
- Credit: Archant
JOHN Frendo has set his sights on matching his record-setting form from last season.
The 28-year-old netted 44 times in 48 games – 32 in the league –while playing for Hitchin Town.
After becoming St Albans City’s marquee signing of the summer, he struggled out of the gate, going five games without a goal before a scoring in a 1-1 draw against his old club.
However, the floodgates appear to have been thrown wide open has he went wild at AFC Totton, scoring four times in a 5-2 win.
After the game he proclaimed 30 goals in the league was his aim.
“It’s been a little while waiting but glad [the goals] are here and there is more to come.
“The opposition wasn’t the best but you have to beat what is in front of you.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 7 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 8 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
“We’ve had a good start to the season but there is definitely more to come from this group.”
He added: “We will be top five at least by the end of the season, definitely.”
Frendo said the team’s switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 helped him find the net, and he will be hoping for a repeat performance against Enfield Town on Saturday in the FA Cup.
Frendo reached the first round proper of the competition with Ware in 2007 but was knocked out by Kidderminister Harriers. He called playing in the game a “great experience” and one he wants to repeat with the Saints this year.