Freestone at the double for Saints
Offley & Stopsley 0
St Albans City Ladies 2
ST ALBANS City Ladies made it seven league wins on the bounce with a 2-0 victory over Offley & Stopsley.
Laura Hunter had an early chance to put City ahead when Kelly Hancock nodded a cross into her path but she shot just wide of the target.
Hunter then turned provider setting up Olivia Mari but she too was off target with her effort.
You may also want to watch:
The City Ladies broke the deadlock just seconds after nearly going behind. A shot beat goalkeeper Kelly Aubrey but Claire Brown was on hand to clear the ball. That set up a counter attack which despite breaking down resulted in a goal when a clearance by the goalkeeper was blocked by Christina Freestone who rolled the ball into the empty net.
Chances were at a premium after the break but with Offley pushing forward in search of an equaliser City pounced, scoring a second goal when Freestone converted from Molly Slade’s corner.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
City Ladies: Aubrey, Slade, Brown, Thomas, Hoare, Kiff, Hunter, Mari, Muzzi, Freestone, Hancock, Warren, Belcher, Kropman, Rowland.
* Last week the Ladies beat AFC Kempston 1-0 with Olivia Mari grabbing the only goal of the contest.
Both Jael Muzzi and Kelly Aubrey starred for City.