Freddie Fox-Baron off to a flyer in grasstrack speedway season
- Credit: Archant
Freddie Fox-Baron has made a tremendous start to the grasstrack speedway season – after picking up two wins and a third in his opening three races.
The eight-year-old Sleapshyde racer had seen his pre-season training plans thrown into disarray when a new bike was delayed.
It didn’t stop him from picking up third in the opening meeting of the year in Norwich but since receiving the new machine, he has recorded back-to-back wins at both Worcester and Chelmsford.
His dad, Jamie Baron, said: “Coming first in both meetings really showed he is getting to grips with his new bike.
“Over 30 family and friends came to watch him at Chelmsford, making the win even more special for Freddie.
You may also want to watch:
“A special thanks to Jon Knowles for getting everyone together to support Freddie.”
Fox-Baron has also been named as a supported rider for Andrew Appleton.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Appleton, who is World Team Champion, four-time British Champion and European Champion, will act as a mentor for the young star.
Jamie Baron continued: “We were so overwhelmed that Andrew had asked Freddie to become a support rider.
“I am sure with Andrew’s help and support Freddie will progress and become a better rider.”
His next races are at the Fenland club in Huntingdon this weekend.