Frazer’s flashing bat brings Harpenden comfortable Potters Bar win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden kept the pressure on Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League Premier Division leaders Radlett with a six-wicket win over Potters Bar.
Ben Frazer continued his fantastic recent form by smashing an unbeaten 70 off 48 balls, including eight fours and four sixes, as well as claiming three wickets.
He was ably-assisted with Gregg Cooper grabbing 60 and James Latham 66 as Harpenden made 226-4 in 53.3 overs.
They had been chasing Potters Bar’s total of 225 all out after putting the visitors to Harpenden Common into bat.
And the hosts were going along quite nicely at one point, reducing Potters Bar to 110-7.
That, however, brought Mitchell Phelps to the crease and his 62 from 73 balls pushed the visitors to a far more respectable score.
As well as Frazer’s 3-33, Nick Lamb took 2-40 and Bradley Finch, Simon White and Richard Darwin got one each.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Harpenden’s reply saw Lamb and Ben Clements depart early with 46 runs on the board.
But that left Cooper and Latham together and they put on 77 for the third wicket before Latham and Frazer managed 102 for the fourth.
Frazer grabbed the winning run in the 54th over, with nine overs to spare.