Frazer’s flashing bat brings Harpenden comfortable Potters Bar win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden kept the pressure on Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League Premier Division leaders Radlett with a six-wicket win over Potters Bar.
Ben Frazer continued his fantastic recent form by smashing an unbeaten 70 off 48 balls, including eight fours and four sixes, as well as claiming three wickets.
He was ably-assisted with Gregg Cooper grabbing 60 and James Latham 66 as Harpenden made 226-4 in 53.3 overs.
They had been chasing Potters Bar’s total of 225 all out after putting the visitors to Harpenden Common into bat.
And the hosts were going along quite nicely at one point, reducing Potters Bar to 110-7.
You may also want to watch:
That, however, brought Mitchell Phelps to the crease and his 62 from 73 balls pushed the visitors to a far more respectable score.
As well as Frazer’s 3-33, Nick Lamb took 2-40 and Bradley Finch, Simon White and Richard Darwin got one each.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Harpenden’s reply saw Lamb and Ben Clements depart early with 46 runs on the board.
But that left Cooper and Latham together and they put on 77 for the third wicket before Latham and Frazer managed 102 for the fourth.
Frazer grabbed the winning run in the 54th over, with nine overs to spare.