Fowler off to a flier at Harpenden Town
Town come out on top at Langford
SSML Division One
Langford 0 Harpenden Town 2
HARPENDEN Town made a great start to life under new manager Bob Fowler with a 2-0 win at recently relegated Langford.
The much changed Town line up were on top from the off and, after a bout of crisp passing that had denied Langford a touch of the ball, Town took the lead with a contender for goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
After great approach work, David Keenleyside broke through and bent a 25-yard shot right into the top corner of the net.
Town always had the edge in the first half with some quality passing that Langford found hard to contend with. Their reward was a great second goal when Keenleyside broke through and fed Adam Smith who pulled the defence wide and put in a measured chip that Jim Hill calmly despatched into the net with a close range header.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Although Langford did come into the game in the second half goalkeeper Matt Lord pulled off a couple of great saves and Town re-established control.
Although the game was tight and chances few, Town were the likelier scorers and nearly got a third when the Langford centre half tried a desperate clearance which cannoned off his own player and looped goalwards only for the home ‘keeper to bend backwards and pull the ball down at full stretch.