Fowler disappointed as Sandridge falter
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Hertford Heath 2 Sandridge Rovers 0 INJURIES to key players proved costly as Sandridge Rovers went down to defeat away at Herford Heath in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division. James Aires had been fo
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Hertford Heath 2 Sandridge Rovers 0
INJURIES to key players proved costly as Sandridge Rovers went down to defeat away at Herford Heath in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division.
James Aires had been forced off injured before Rovers then lost skipper Marc Andrews to a thigh muscle injury in the second half. The reorganisation was underway when Hertford Heath pounced to take the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Sandridge pressed forward in search of a leveller but were caught out when Heath broke away to score the second and clinch the points. Rovers boss Bob Fowler said: "Marc was chasing a ball back and pulled his thigh really badly. We had looked comfortable but we were getting the substitute on and they get on with a header 20 minutes from time. Marc looked comfortable at the back with Robbie Heywood but when you make a change you have to sort out the marking. We then had an attack and got caught for a second. It wasn't a great game at all."
Sandridge go away to lively outfit Bovingdon on Saturday and will be without Aires, Andrews, midfielders Aaron Baker and Mitchell Heylock, Chris Darke and long-term injury victims Dean Adams and Danny Green. Fowler is not keen to use injuries as an excuse and will look to youth again as Rovers bid to upset strong opposition. The manager said: "They have beaten Hatfield Town two weeks on the trot and are a form side but my players love that. I won't use injuries as an excuse for any of our defeats because the side we have put out has been good enough.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath