Fowler disappointed as Sandridge falter
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Hertford Heath 2 Sandridge Rovers 0 INJURIES to key players proved costly as Sandridge Rovers went down to defeat away at Herford Heath in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division. James Aires had been fo
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Hertford Heath 2 Sandridge Rovers 0
INJURIES to key players proved costly as Sandridge Rovers went down to defeat away at Herford Heath in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division.
James Aires had been forced off injured before Rovers then lost skipper Marc Andrews to a thigh muscle injury in the second half. The reorganisation was underway when Hertford Heath pounced to take the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Sandridge pressed forward in search of a leveller but were caught out when Heath broke away to score the second and clinch the points. Rovers boss Bob Fowler said: "Marc was chasing a ball back and pulled his thigh really badly. We had looked comfortable but we were getting the substitute on and they get on with a header 20 minutes from time. Marc looked comfortable at the back with Robbie Heywood but when you make a change you have to sort out the marking. We then had an attack and got caught for a second. It wasn't a great game at all."
Sandridge go away to lively outfit Bovingdon on Saturday and will be without Aires, Andrews, midfielders Aaron Baker and Mitchell Heylock, Chris Darke and long-term injury victims Dean Adams and Danny Green. Fowler is not keen to use injuries as an excuse and will look to youth again as Rovers bid to upset strong opposition. The manager said: "They have beaten Hatfield Town two weeks on the trot and are a form side but my players love that. I won't use injuries as an excuse for any of our defeats because the side we have put out has been good enough.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre