Fourth spot for CoStA
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club kicked off the new season with fourth place at the Verulam C Gala on Saturday. With six first place finishes, second second places, and 41 new personal bests it was an encouraging start as swimmers sought to blow away the
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club kicked off the new season with fourth place at the Verulam C Gala on Saturday.
With six first place finishes, second second places, and 41 new personal bests it was an encouraging start as swimmers sought to blow away the summer cobwebs with their first competitive meet of the season.
Craig Muckleston (Under 16s) and Josh Breeze (Under 14s) both picked up gold in the breaststroke, and there was a double first in both the medley and freestyle for the Under 16s boys relay team of Chris Mistead, Sam Breeze, James Lovemann and James Molyneaux. The famous foursome defeated the Cheshunt regions squad.
Grace Simmons (Under 16s) and Hannah Yorwerth (Under 12s) both picked up gold in butterfly, with Hannah, Amy Lees, Annabel Lumley and Sophie Henson each setting two new best times.
You may also want to watch:
CoStA will now be training in preparation for the Aylesbury open gala at the end of the month. Costa train six nights a week to a programme set by South African Olympic Coach Wayne Riddin. Visit Westminster Lodge on Monday nights to join the club or find out more information.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe