Four Redbourn golfers tee-off in British Championship at St Andrews’ Old Course
- Credit: Archant
Four junior members from a Hertfordshire golf club took part in the British Championship – held on St Andrews’ famous Old Course.
Fleur Butler-Wright, Sophia Fullbrook, Eddie Wade and Annabelle Wade, all of whom are aged between six and 11, qualified for the Wee Wonders British Championship Final last month.
The quartet from Redbourn Golf Club, were accompanied by one of the club’s PGA professionals, James Blake.
The four played some great golf throughout the two day event, which included juniors from as far afield as Qatar and Denmark.
Blake said: “For Fleur, Sophie, Eddie and Annabelle, getting the chance to play the Old Course at such a young age can only serve as inspiration to go on and achieve great things in the game.
You may also want to watch:
“Golfers around the world dream about the opportunity to visit St. Andrews, so for these four talented youngsters to experience it now is fantastic.
“We’re extremely proud of our junior setup here at Redbourn and I’m excited to see how their golf develops over the coming years.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Juniors at Redbourn have full access to the facilities, which include the main 18-hole course and the nine-hole short course, as well as a range of practice areas.
Earlier this year the club gave away 30 free memberships to juniors as part of its commitment to develop junior golf.
For more information visit www.bglgolf.co.uk/freejuniorgolf