Four Redbourn golfers tee-off in British Championship at St Andrews’ Old Course
- Credit: Archant
Four junior members from a Hertfordshire golf club took part in the British Championship – held on St Andrews’ famous Old Course.
Fleur Butler-Wright, Sophia Fullbrook, Eddie Wade and Annabelle Wade, all of whom are aged between six and 11, qualified for the Wee Wonders British Championship Final last month.
The quartet from Redbourn Golf Club, were accompanied by one of the club’s PGA professionals, James Blake.
The four played some great golf throughout the two day event, which included juniors from as far afield as Qatar and Denmark.
Blake said: “For Fleur, Sophie, Eddie and Annabelle, getting the chance to play the Old Course at such a young age can only serve as inspiration to go on and achieve great things in the game.
“Golfers around the world dream about the opportunity to visit St. Andrews, so for these four talented youngsters to experience it now is fantastic.
“We’re extremely proud of our junior setup here at Redbourn and I’m excited to see how their golf develops over the coming years.”
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 5 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 6 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
Juniors at Redbourn have full access to the facilities, which include the main 18-hole course and the nine-hole short course, as well as a range of practice areas.
Earlier this year the club gave away 30 free memberships to juniors as part of its commitment to develop junior golf.
For more information visit www.bglgolf.co.uk/freejuniorgolf