Four in a row for ‘amazing’ Harpenden Town as James Ewington continues goal rush
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town made it four straight wins in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division with a 2-0 defeat of Wembley at Rothamsted Park.
They have only conceded one in that run, with the last three results all being by the same score.
Striker James Ewington got both goals to hold onto his place as the league’s top scorer with 35 this season.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “I am really pleased with recent results giving up just one goal and getting three clean sheets for four wins in a row.
“The squad has been amazing. With lots of players injured the youngsters have come in and played superbly.”
You may also want to watch:
Ewington’s first came on 12 minutes when Jack Green came on the overlap on the left and crossed for the hotshot to elegantly flick the ball into the net.
The second arrived 15 minutes from time with Jamie Yates supplying the assist after fighting past two defenders.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years