Four-goal boost for Heath ahead of FA Cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath routed Hillingdon Borough 4-0 on Saturday to give them a confidence boost ahead of their FA Cup tie against Bowers and Pitsea.
The Magpies travel to Bowers next Saturday (August 30) for their preliminary round tie and their preparation couldn’t gave gone any better as they put Hillingdon to the sword.
The first half was goalless and fairly uneventful as the Magpies strived to open the scoring but found the Boro keeper in fine form.
The contest burst into life thanks to Jay Welsh as he attacked an Jamie Eames corner and his far post header found the net on 54 minutes.
The Magpies were now in total control and Paul Armstrong doubled the advantage on 76 minutes. He turned sharply in the box and shot past the despairing dive of the outstanding Boro keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The goal started an avalanche as Dave Parkinson scored with his first touch after coming off the bench and Brett O’Connor competed the rout with the fourth goal on 84 minutes.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land