Four-goal boost for Heath ahead of FA Cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath routed Hillingdon Borough 4-0 on Saturday to give them a confidence boost ahead of their FA Cup tie against Bowers and Pitsea.
The Magpies travel to Bowers next Saturday (August 30) for their preliminary round tie and their preparation couldn’t gave gone any better as they put Hillingdon to the sword.
The first half was goalless and fairly uneventful as the Magpies strived to open the scoring but found the Boro keeper in fine form.
The contest burst into life thanks to Jay Welsh as he attacked an Jamie Eames corner and his far post header found the net on 54 minutes.
The Magpies were now in total control and Paul Armstrong doubled the advantage on 76 minutes. He turned sharply in the box and shot past the despairing dive of the outstanding Boro keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The goal started an avalanche as Dave Parkinson scored with his first touch after coming off the bench and Brett O’Connor competed the rout with the fourth goal on 84 minutes.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public