Former St Albans City Youth trio all start as Wales held to frustrating draw by Northern Ireland
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
There will been plenty of pride at St Albans City Youth as three of their former players lined up on the international stage alongside each other.
Josie Green, Hayley Ladd and Megan Wynne were all part of the Wales side that drew 0-0 against Northern Ireland in Belfast.
The goal dents their hopes of finishing top of their Euro 2021 qualifying group, leaving them four points behind Norway who they still have to play twice.
For Wynne though the disappointment of the draw was offset by her delight at making her first start.
Speaking to FA Wales TV she said: "I've been coming off the bench but it's a whole other ball game to get my first start for Wales.
You may also want to watch:
"It was great to get out there. My parents were here and for them to see me start is very special.
"It was a disappointing result but we can take a lot of positives.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
"There is still a long way to go in the campaign and the amount of chances we created, especially in the second half, was more than enough to win the game."