Former St Albans City Youth trio all start as Wales held to frustrating draw by Northern Ireland
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
There will been plenty of pride at St Albans City Youth as three of their former players lined up on the international stage alongside each other.
Josie Green, Hayley Ladd and Megan Wynne were all part of the Wales side that drew 0-0 against Northern Ireland in Belfast.
The goal dents their hopes of finishing top of their Euro 2021 qualifying group, leaving them four points behind Norway who they still have to play twice.
For Wynne though the disappointment of the draw was offset by her delight at making her first start.
Speaking to FA Wales TV she said: "I've been coming off the bench but it's a whole other ball game to get my first start for Wales.
"It was great to get out there. My parents were here and for them to see me start is very special.
"It was a disappointing result but we can take a lot of positives.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
"There is still a long way to go in the campaign and the amount of chances we created, especially in the second half, was more than enough to win the game."