Former St Albans City Youth trio all start as Wales held to frustrating draw by Northern Ireland
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
There will been plenty of pride at St Albans City Youth as three of their former players lined up on the international stage alongside each other.
Josie Green, Hayley Ladd and Megan Wynne were all part of the Wales side that drew 0-0 against Northern Ireland in Belfast.
The goal dents their hopes of finishing top of their Euro 2021 qualifying group, leaving them four points behind Norway who they still have to play twice.
For Wynne though the disappointment of the draw was offset by her delight at making her first start.
Speaking to FA Wales TV she said: "I've been coming off the bench but it's a whole other ball game to get my first start for Wales.
You may also want to watch:
"It was great to get out there. My parents were here and for them to see me start is very special.
"It was a disappointing result but we can take a lot of positives.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
"There is still a long way to go in the campaign and the amount of chances we created, especially in the second half, was more than enough to win the game."