Former Saint one step closer to pro deal
Midfielder impresses in regional trials
A FOMRER St Albans City midfielder is one step closer to earning a contract with a professional club.
Luke Jackaman, who made his full debut for the Saints in their final game of last season at Bath City, is one of 66 players remaining in a nationwide competition to win a professional contract with npower League 1 side Swindon Town.
Jackaman who also featured in the Saints’ successful FA Youth Cup run last season impressed in the regional trials of the competition which attracted over 2,500 entrants.
FootballCV Head Coach Danny Nicholls assessed Jackaman at his Regional Trial.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholls said: “Luke performed well at the trial. He impressed us with his ability and we’re looking forward to having another look at him.
“The standard has been very strong so far, so the winner will need to demonstrate that he has the talent to make it as a professional.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common