Former Saint one step closer to pro deal
Midfielder impresses in regional trials
A FOMRER St Albans City midfielder is one step closer to earning a contract with a professional club.
Luke Jackaman, who made his full debut for the Saints in their final game of last season at Bath City, is one of 66 players remaining in a nationwide competition to win a professional contract with npower League 1 side Swindon Town.
Jackaman who also featured in the Saints’ successful FA Youth Cup run last season impressed in the regional trials of the competition which attracted over 2,500 entrants.
FootballCV Head Coach Danny Nicholls assessed Jackaman at his Regional Trial.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholls said: “Luke performed well at the trial. He impressed us with his ability and we’re looking forward to having another look at him.
“The standard has been very strong so far, so the winner will need to demonstrate that he has the talent to make it as a professional.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans