Former Peterborough United man James Sage adds spice to St Albans City’s back-line
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson has snapped up a former Peterborough United youth after impressing in three pre-season games as a trialist.
James Sage is a centre-half who joined the Posh during Darren Ferguson’s reign at London Road.
The defender has also played for Kettering Town, Banbury United and Arlesey Town.
He featured in the City’s games against Luton Town and Leyton Orient before starting Thursday’s 4-0 win away to Wingate & Finchley.
There he featured in a back three alongside Harold Joseph and Tarik Moore-Azille.
You may also want to watch:
A solid and commanding figure he appeared quite quick too, regularly snuffing out the speed of Wingate’s Reece Beckles-Richards, another man who spent time on trial at Clarence Park this summer.
He will go straight into the squad for Saints’ Herts Charity Cup match against Hertford Town tonight.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord