Former Peterborough United man James Sage adds spice to St Albans City’s back-line
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson has snapped up a former Peterborough United youth after impressing in three pre-season games as a trialist.
James Sage is a centre-half who joined the Posh during Darren Ferguson’s reign at London Road.
The defender has also played for Kettering Town, Banbury United and Arlesey Town.
He featured in the City’s games against Luton Town and Leyton Orient before starting Thursday’s 4-0 win away to Wingate & Finchley.
There he featured in a back three alongside Harold Joseph and Tarik Moore-Azille.
You may also want to watch:
A solid and commanding figure he appeared quite quick too, regularly snuffing out the speed of Wingate’s Reece Beckles-Richards, another man who spent time on trial at Clarence Park this summer.
He will go straight into the squad for Saints’ Herts Charity Cup match against Hertford Town tonight.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall