Former Old Albanian Rugby Club star signs on at Northampton Saints for next season
- Credit: Archant
A former Old Albanian has signed a deal with Northampton Saints for next season.
Karl Garside began his rugby career at Oaklands College and featured in the RFU’s AASE League against the likes of new Saints team-mate James Grayson.
The 21-year-old tighthead prop made his full debut in October against Bristol Bears in the Premiership Rugby Cup and has four first-team appearances to his name so far, including featuring in the Gallagher Premiership triumph over Wasps in November.
At club level Garside moved from OAs to Ampthill & District in 2017 and has also represented Hertfordshire and England Counties.
He joins Ryan Olowofela and Lewis Bean for the 2019-20 season.
You may also want to watch:
Director of rugby Chris Boyd said: “Ryan, Lewis and Karl are obviously very different players but we believe they are great acquisitions for us and are confident all three will make a significant impact next year.
“Karl caught our eye earlier this season while some of our other tightheads were injured and he took his opportunity superbly.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report