Former Old Albanian Rugby Club star signs on at Northampton Saints for next season
- Credit: Archant
A former Old Albanian has signed a deal with Northampton Saints for next season.
Karl Garside began his rugby career at Oaklands College and featured in the RFU’s AASE League against the likes of new Saints team-mate James Grayson.
The 21-year-old tighthead prop made his full debut in October against Bristol Bears in the Premiership Rugby Cup and has four first-team appearances to his name so far, including featuring in the Gallagher Premiership triumph over Wasps in November.
At club level Garside moved from OAs to Ampthill & District in 2017 and has also represented Hertfordshire and England Counties.
He joins Ryan Olowofela and Lewis Bean for the 2019-20 season.
You may also want to watch:
Director of rugby Chris Boyd said: “Ryan, Lewis and Karl are obviously very different players but we believe they are great acquisitions for us and are confident all three will make a significant impact next year.
“Karl caught our eye earlier this season while some of our other tightheads were injured and he took his opportunity superbly.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital