Former Crystal Palace star signs for Saints
ONE time Crystal Palace first team player James Comley has joined St Albans City until the end of the season.
The midfielder has signed from Canvey Island, while City manager David Howell has also brought in striker Belal Aite-Ouakrim who joins on dual registration with Hendon.
Both players will freshen the Saints squad for the run-in to their Evo-Stik Southern Premier play-off bid.
Comley, 21, played four Championship games during the 2008/09 season for his first club, Palace, before suffering a bad injury that caused him to miss all of last season.
Now working his way back to full fitness, he has played for Tottenham Reserves this term and eight games for Canvey since mid-January.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Aite-Ouakrim has played Conference South football for Staines Town, as well as appearing more recently for Ryman League Hendon. His previous clubs include Fulham as a junior and AFC Wimbledon.
Boss Howell said of the new signings: “We’ve looked a little thin in places just lately due to the season taking its toll on the squad with injuries.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
“These two lads will give us a bit of fresh impetus and competition for places at the right time.”