Former Crystal Palace star signs for Saints
ONE time Crystal Palace first team player James Comley has joined St Albans City until the end of the season.
The midfielder has signed from Canvey Island, while City manager David Howell has also brought in striker Belal Aite-Ouakrim who joins on dual registration with Hendon.
Both players will freshen the Saints squad for the run-in to their Evo-Stik Southern Premier play-off bid.
Comley, 21, played four Championship games during the 2008/09 season for his first club, Palace, before suffering a bad injury that caused him to miss all of last season.
Now working his way back to full fitness, he has played for Tottenham Reserves this term and eight games for Canvey since mid-January.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Aite-Ouakrim has played Conference South football for Staines Town, as well as appearing more recently for Ryman League Hendon. His previous clubs include Fulham as a junior and AFC Wimbledon.
Boss Howell said of the new signings: “We’ve looked a little thin in places just lately due to the season taking its toll on the squad with injuries.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
“These two lads will give us a bit of fresh impetus and competition for places at the right time.”