Former Crystal Palace star signs for Saints
ONE time Crystal Palace first team player James Comley has joined St Albans City until the end of the season.
The midfielder has signed from Canvey Island, while City manager David Howell has also brought in striker Belal Aite-Ouakrim who joins on dual registration with Hendon.
Both players will freshen the Saints squad for the run-in to their Evo-Stik Southern Premier play-off bid.
Comley, 21, played four Championship games during the 2008/09 season for his first club, Palace, before suffering a bad injury that caused him to miss all of last season.
Now working his way back to full fitness, he has played for Tottenham Reserves this term and eight games for Canvey since mid-January.
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Aite-Ouakrim has played Conference South football for Staines Town, as well as appearing more recently for Ryman League Hendon. His previous clubs include Fulham as a junior and AFC Wimbledon.
Boss Howell said of the new signings: “We’ve looked a little thin in places just lately due to the season taking its toll on the squad with injuries.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
“These two lads will give us a bit of fresh impetus and competition for places at the right time.”