Former City man Hollenbach eyes cup upset at Clarence Park
FORMER Saint Beckett Hollenbach returns to Clarence Park with Harlow Town on Saturday and is looking forward to the match. The defender joined the Hawks from City in 2002/03.
FORMER Saint Beckett Hollenbach returns to Clarence Park with Harlow Town on Saturday and is looking forward to the match.
The defender joined the Hawks from City in 2002/03 and said: "I played about 20 games for St Albans City. I started the first games but then was in and out of the team. I went to Harlow on loan and at the end of the month they gave me an option to make it permanent. I felt more comfortable at Harlow so decided to stay and I've been there ever since.
"It should be fun and I'm looking forward to going back. I enjoyed my time there but haven't been back since I played my last game five years ago and I hope the fans remember me. It's a nice old ground and the pitch is always decent and I'm quite excited.
"There is not a massive gulf between the Blue Square South and the Ryman Premier League and I definitely think we are capable of pulling off an upset. It's a matter of performing on the day."
You may also want to watch:
Hollenbach, a former United States Under 19s international, was at City when they made it to the First Round Proper of the FA Cup, going down 4-1 at Stockport County in 2002. The Harlow player featured as a substitute in the first match of the cup run against Wingate & Finchley and started the second match against Chelmsford City but was not named in the 16 for the trip to Stockport. Hollenbach said: "It's been a few years since I've had a run in the cup. The last was with St Albans in 2002 when we got to the first round and played at Stockport. We lost 4-1 but we did well and it was a great experience I'd like to have again.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans