Former City defender hangs up his boots
Seeby retires ahead of UAE move
FORMER St Albans City defender Chris Seeby has hung up his boots ahead of immigrating to Dubai.
Seeby progressed through the City Youth ranks before making 190 appearances in the blue and gold of City, including 41 during the club’s tenure in the Nationwide Conference.
A cruciate ligament injury picked up in September 2007 ruled out the defender for nearly a year and after failing to win back a regular place in the starting lineup upon his return to fitness, Seeby switched to Northwood before moving on to Slough.
The news of Seeby’s retirement was revealed by Slough boss Steve Bateman, who told the club’s website: “Chris Seeby has hung his boots up for now as he embarks on a new life in Dubai but I hope to see him back in a Slough shirt at some point.”
Seeby’s Slough team mate and another ex-Saint, Simon Martin, is set for a return to Clarence Park next season having signed for Saints’ Premier Division rivals Hemel Hempstead.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead