Former City defender hangs up his boots
Seeby retires ahead of UAE move
FORMER St Albans City defender Chris Seeby has hung up his boots ahead of immigrating to Dubai.
Seeby progressed through the City Youth ranks before making 190 appearances in the blue and gold of City, including 41 during the club’s tenure in the Nationwide Conference.
A cruciate ligament injury picked up in September 2007 ruled out the defender for nearly a year and after failing to win back a regular place in the starting lineup upon his return to fitness, Seeby switched to Northwood before moving on to Slough.
The news of Seeby’s retirement was revealed by Slough boss Steve Bateman, who told the club’s website: “Chris Seeby has hung his boots up for now as he embarks on a new life in Dubai but I hope to see him back in a Slough shirt at some point.”
You may also want to watch:
Seeby’s Slough team mate and another ex-Saint, Simon Martin, is set for a return to Clarence Park next season having signed for Saints’ Premier Division rivals Hemel Hempstead.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall