Former St Albans Centurion Jake McLoughlin signs for Doncaster
- Credit: Archant
A move from St Albans Centurions into the professional game isn’t a path usually followed but it is one that has taken Jake McLoughlin to Doncaster Rugby League Club.
The Australian has signed a deal with the League One outfit after impressing in a pre-season trail, playing in a friendly against Sheffield Eagles along the way.
The back rower was a regular with the Cents between 2016 and 2018 before moving to Yorkshire with his partner.
Tony Bottomley of the Toulmin Drive-based club said: "Jake was a well liked player when he came over from Australia. I remember he scored in the first game he ever played for us and kept up that level of commitment while he was with us.
"We are all pleased for him."
Doncaster head coach Richard Horne said: "Jake has been a big part of the group throughout our pre-season campaign and the lads have taken to him quickly. He showed us what he can do in the Sheffield
game and adds some competition for places in the pack.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
"With plenty of games to come in the league and cup we will need everybody to put their hand up and perform well when selected."