Former Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay meet Colts after opening day rout
- Credit: Archant
Malky Mackay congratulates Harpenden Colts U12 Eagles after they hit Berkhamsted Raiders for six in their first game of the season.
Henry, Wasi, Tom, Alex, Jacob and MOM James were all on target. The ex-Cardiff manager took time out to talk to the boys at the end of the game.
U11 Hawks beat Bushey Youth Rangers in the first round of the County Cup. Josh Humbles and Harry Bayne scored in the 2-1 win. MOM was Jamie Swann.
U11 Cobras won their first league match 1-0 against Frontier Youth thanks to Gabriel Tinnion’s goal. MOM was Charlie Culank.
Charlie Harpin, Hugo Cumberland and Max Davies scored in U11 Hurricanes’ 3-0 league win over Hertford Town Youth.
You may also want to watch:
U11 Spartans were held to a 1-1 draw against Ware Youth. Ben Thomas scored.
U12 Tornadoes beat Symonds Green 10-1 in the preliminary round of the Herts County Cup. The scorers were: Charlie Steward (three), MOM Guy Muncer, Ben Hallewell, Fin Mould, Fin Chapman, William Aitchison and Patrick Bissett plus an own goal.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
Making their debut in Division One, the U15 Cobras recorded a 2-1 win over Hemel Town Youth. The first was a 30 yard free-kick from Joe Smith and Jack Williams netted the second to secure the points. MOM was goalkeeper Conor Yorath.
Harpenden Colts Athletic U18 played out a thrilling pre-season friendly with Nascot Wood Rangers, eventually triumphing 6-4 with goals from Chris Docker, Matt Rutherford, Alex James, George Richardson (pen), debutant George Hill, who was also MOM, and Batsirai Nyamupingidiza.