Former Birmingham City and Derby County man makes reserve bow
FORMER Birmingham City and Derby County star Jonathan Hunt made his reserve bow for St Albans City on Wednesday. Hunt played 70 minutes of the 2-0 win against Leyton at Lea Bridge Road. The experienced former Premier League player could now come into cont
FORMER Birmingham City and Derby County star Jonathan Hunt made his reserve bow for St Albans City on Wednesday.
Hunt played 70 minutes of the 2-0 win against Leyton at Lea Bridge Road. The experienced former Premier League player could now come into contention for a place in the squad when Saints travel to Weston-super-Mare on Saturday.
Defenders Marcel McKie and Reiss Noel also enjoyed a run out for the reserves. Striker Chris Haslam, an Oaklands College graduate, scored his fourth goal in seven reserve appearances this term and trial player Daniel Gremajner netted the second.
Highly-rated Oaklands College goalkeeper Austin Byfield kept a clean sheet. Byfield also played for the City college side earlier in the day and helped them secure a 0-0 draw at Rushden against FCV Reds. First team squad members James Archer and Hamza Twomey featured in the college side.
You may also want to watch:
The younger Oaklands Saints team fought well against leaders Dagenham and Redbridge on Wednesday. Striker Inih Effiong scored twice for Saints in a 3-2 defeat.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land