Former Birmingham City and Derby County man makes reserve bow
FORMER Birmingham City and Derby County star Jonathan Hunt made his reserve bow for St Albans City on Wednesday. Hunt played 70 minutes of the 2-0 win against Leyton at Lea Bridge Road. The experienced former Premier League player could now come into cont
FORMER Birmingham City and Derby County star Jonathan Hunt made his reserve bow for St Albans City on Wednesday.
Hunt played 70 minutes of the 2-0 win against Leyton at Lea Bridge Road. The experienced former Premier League player could now come into contention for a place in the squad when Saints travel to Weston-super-Mare on Saturday.
Defenders Marcel McKie and Reiss Noel also enjoyed a run out for the reserves. Striker Chris Haslam, an Oaklands College graduate, scored his fourth goal in seven reserve appearances this term and trial player Daniel Gremajner netted the second.
Highly-rated Oaklands College goalkeeper Austin Byfield kept a clean sheet. Byfield also played for the City college side earlier in the day and helped them secure a 0-0 draw at Rushden against FCV Reds. First team squad members James Archer and Hamza Twomey featured in the college side.
You may also want to watch:
The younger Oaklands Saints team fought well against leaders Dagenham and Redbridge on Wednesday. Striker Inih Effiong scored twice for Saints in a 3-2 defeat.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25