Former Arsenal youngster could be out for the season
WINGER Hassan Sulaiman is expected to miss the rest of the season after suffering a hamstring injury at Welling United on Saturday. The former Arsenal youngster has been troubled by hamstring problems on a regular basis this term
WINGER Hassan Sulaiman is expected to miss the rest of the season after suffering a hamstring injury at Welling United on Saturday.
The former Arsenal youngster has been troubled by the injury on a regular basis this term but was enjoying a strong run in the side helping Saints climb out of the relegation zone.
Sulaiman joined City in the summer when former boss Ritchie Hanlon swooped after an impressive trial period. His attacking threat soon saw him switched from full back to right midfield and he sparkled in a rare early season win at Bishop's Stortford in September 2007, scoring twice.
The troublesome hamstring injury halted his progress until the recent winning run but the latest blow means City boss Steve Castle is expecting to have to plan without Sulaiman for the rest of the campaign. Oaklands College winger Hamza Twomey, aged 19, is in contention for the role after replacing Sulaiman at Welling. Midfielder Paul Bruce should also be ready to play after missing out on the starting XI at Welling due to flu. The midfielder failed a late fitness test but was handed a place on the bench. Castle said: "It was a bit of a blow to lose Hassan Sulaiman and it looks like we will miss him from now until the end of the season. Hamza Twomey is a young lad learning the game and we want him to play his share of first team football. We also have Paul Bruce to come back."
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Paul Semakula is hoping to return to training in two weeks after having an operation on a knee injury. The talented youngster has not played under current boss Steve Castle.
The St Albans City Supporters Club are planning coach travel to Bognor Regis Town on Saturday, April 12. Prices are £15 for adult members and £8 for non members. Telephone Peter Knock on 01727 847484 or Ian Bangs on 07733 381874 for more information. The coach departs Clarence Road at 10.30am.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style